Step 1: Create a DUO account (https://duo.com/). Skip this step if you already hold a DUO account.
Step 2: Create a new Application in DUO representing your FBO One system
- Locate 'Protect an application' page.
- Select Web SDK followed by 'Protect this Application'.
- Identify your Integration key, Secret key and API hostname
Step 3: Transfer the DUO settings to FBO One.
- Via the menu, locate the Administration > Application settings page.
- Identify the DUO related settings via the search box.
- Transfer the DUO Integration Key into the FBO One setting 'DuoAuthInformationKey' followed by save.
- Transfer the DUO Secret Key into the FBO One setting 'DuoAuthSecretKeyEncrypted' followed by save.
- Transfer the DUO API Hostname into the FBO One setting 'DuoAuthHost' followed by save.
Step 4: Activate the DUO link via the application setting 'IsDuoAuthEnabled'. Change the value from false to true will activate DUO.
Step 5: Validate FBO One users accounts are configured to use DUO during the login process. Upon activation of DUO the default user setting is enabled. On a per user basis this can be disabled depending on local requirements via the 'Enable Two Factor Authentication' tick box.
Good to know
In the event of a lost connection with DUO services, FBO One maintains operational resilience with a bypass the second step of authentication. Simultaneously, an error record will be generated and accessible within FBO One under the "Administration > Application > Errors" section, ensuring transparency and accountability for any authentication issues that may occur.
First time login experience:
Upon activation of the DUO integration each user will be required to configure their authentification preference.
- A User logs in with their FBO One credentials.
- The user is prompted to start the setup of DUO.
They are required to select the 2FA method based on the avialable options.
Define the chosen option e.g Phone number.
Validate the chosen option. DUO sends a code to the User to verify the details provided.The user confirms the setup to complete the process.